Geodesic, the digital messaging and content solutions company, has reported consolidated net sales of Rs 230 crore for the quarter ended March 31st 2012 (Q4-FY12), down by 3.24% from Rs 237.70 crore reported during the same quarter last fiscal (Q4-FY11). The net profit for the period was Rs 61.26 crore, a sharp decline of 33.7% from Rs 92.50 crore profit during the same quarter last fiscal (Q4-FY11).
On an annual basis, the company recorded net sales of Rs 958.05 crore and net profit for the year was at Rs 270.94 crore. In FY11, Geodesics recorded net sales of Rs 873.03 crore and net profit of Rs 273.64 crore.
Mundu TV: The service was integrated with the Omnesys trading platform ‘Nest Plus’ to provide stock and communities traders, business TV channels as part of the trading terminal application.
Geodesic also signed an agreement with Huawei to preload Mundu TV on Data Cards that connect to Desktops.
Spokn: Geodesic‘s VoIP service, Spokn added comprehensive features- It Launched O-VoIP technology that allows customers from Middle-East to use Spokn in spite of ISP (Internet Service Provider) blocking in Middle East
Geodesic also launched Spokn for the Android platform, based on O-VoIP technology, which makes it usable in the Middle-East.
Enlyte Note: Geodesic launched an advanced version of Enlyte Note – collaborative notes application for iPad with additional collaborative feature which enables desktop sharing and real time broadcasting wherein users can share notes or files in real time.
BBeep: Geodesic launched BBeep, a secure, cross-platform mobile messenger for iPhone, Android and Java phones. BBeep covers more than 80 smart phone models, and allows users to exchange messages with their phone contacts and make free voice calls.
Software and Solution Agreements:
Financial market Apps for NDTV: Geodesic launched financial applications for NDTV Profit, to provide users with real time information on world financial markets. The application has been launched on iOS (iPhone & iPad) and Android platforms.
Financial solutions: Geodesic signed an agreement to build a Mobile Portal for Religare Securities and extended its financial solution and services by developing an end-to-end online broking platform for Religare (Australia).
Chandamama: Geodesic’s subsidiary Chandamama India Limited made its foray in the animation industry by launching its first set of short animated films featuring 10 Jataka Tales, Kaaga – the greedy crow, learns from Lola, the pigeon in ‘Greed Never Pays’ and ‘Pray Preach Not’ on iPad and iPhone.
In the last quarter, Geodesic signed agreements to deploy GeoAmida across multiple segments and projects, including:
– With M-Cash, subsidiary of the multinational group MobiCash Africa, to roll out a large rural financial service network in Uganda. M-Cash Uganda and Housing Finance Bank (HFB) is a joint venture that is seeking to introduce a virtual Bank account scheme that enables customers to send money within Uganda.
– With Airtel, for an e-Challan project for the Delhi Traffic Police. Delhi traffic police will use GeoAmida devices to issue e-challans and fines for traffic offences on the spot.
– With Tata Consultancy Services and HCL, to roll out their financial inclusion projects with various banks.
– With State bank of Bikaner & Jaipur (SBBJ) to facilitate procurement of GeoAmida handheld terminals for implementation of SBBJ’s financial inclusion project in Rajasthan.
– With State Bank of Patiala (SBP) for implementation of SBP’s financial inclusion project in Rajasthan.
– With MphasiS, a unit of Hewlett-Packard, an IT company based in Bangalore, to roll out their financial inclusion projects on GeoAmida with various banks.