wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Eros International To Buy Out B4U Television Network For $53.1 Million

Eros International Plc, the parent company of Eros International Media Limited, seems to have reached a definitive agreement to acquire 100% control of B4U Television Network, the Bollywood television network.  Eros International previously held 24% stake in B4U and according to this agreement, Eros International Plc anticipated to acquire the remaining 76% of B4U for a combination of cash and share consideration of US$53.1 million (Rs 278 Crores) on or after April 24, 2012.

B4U currently operates two television channels – B4U Music, a Bollywood music channel and B4U Movies, a premium Bollywood movie channel. It claims to offers Indian programming in more than 100 countries, including India, the UK, US, Canada and countries in the Middle East and Africa, as of December 31, 2011.

While B4U Movies broadcasts recently released theatrical motion pictures and and older titles by licensing it from various content providers like Eros, B4U Music broadcasts classic and new Bollywood hits as well as International Music by working directly with record companies and content owners like Eros. The company generates the majority of its revenues through advertising in India and through fees earned by being a part of a cable or satellite service provider’s subscription package Internationally.

The transaction is expected to approximately close by August 22, 2012 i.e. 120 days from the date of the definitive agreement unless both the companies mutually agree to extend the date.

Last month, Eros International Plc had filed an IPO with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) with intentions to raise $250 million. The company had hoped to get listed in the New York Stock Exchanged under the stock symbol ‘EROS’, although it didn’t reveal the total number of shares or the starting price. The company also informed that it is currently listed in the London Stock Exchange under the symbol ‘EROS’ and it will apply for de-listing of its ordinary shares, following the share listing in NYSE.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Written By

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

While the market reality of popular crypto-assets like Bitcoin may undergo little change, the same can't be said for stablecoins.

News

Bringing transactions related to crypto-assets within the tax net could make matters less fuzzy.

News

Loopholes in FEMA and the decentralised nature of crypto-assets point to a need for effective regulations.

News

The need of the hour is for lawmakers to understand the systems that are amplifying harmful content.

News

For drone delivery to become a reality, a permissive regulatory regime is a prerequisite.

You May Also Like

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ