wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

BuzzCity Served 32 Billion Mobile Ads In India India Last Year; 93 million Users Per Month

India was reportedly the top mobile advertising country for BuzzCity, wherein it claims to have served 32 billion ads during the last year to over 93 million unique users per month; in Q4 2011, it served 9.5 billion ad impressions, a 2% dip from the previous quarter but a 197% annual growth. Globally, the ad network claims to have served more than 126 billion ads were served in 2011. Some India specific stats:

Key Demographics – 85% of India’s users to which the ads were served were male and the rest 15% were female. Age-wise, 44% of the ads were served to the age-group of 20-24; 20% of them to age-group of 25-29; 17% to people under the age of 20; 13% to the age group of 30-34 and 6% to people over the age of 35.

Content –  Among the ad channels that were popular in the country include Glamour and Dating with 39% of the ads, followed by Mobile content (31%), Entertainment and Lifestyle (19%), Community (8%) and lastly, search portal or services (3%)

Handsets – Nokia was the most popular handset with 61.55% share, followed by Samsung (18.10% percent), Sony Ericsson (2.47%) and LG (1.66%). White label handsets made up for 13.43% of the handsets.

Games & Apps Downloads

Buzzcity claimed that its ad-supported free mobile games and applications portal, Djuzz hosted 19,000 games by the end of 2011 and the company recorded 90 million app downloads during the year, of which 48.6 million app downloads were games. Soccer oriented games recorded 17 million downloads and made up for 35% titles in the top 100 apps followed by speed and racing games which clocked 13.6 million downloads with 28% titles and movie or TV based games clocked 10.7 million downloads with 22% titles.

Nazara* clocked 1.5 million downloads across 5 titles while Indiagames recorded 857,298 downloads across 3 titles and IGfun (Indiagames’s International arm) recorded 1.74 million downloads across 4 titles. The top position was however taken by EA Mobile with 9.3 million downloads across its 16 titles, followed by Hovr which recorded 8.4 million downloads across its 17 titles.

Mobile based social networking application RockeTalk was the most popular app with 3 million downloads, followed by Outlaw Racing 2011 from Tequila Mobile with 1.44 million downloads and Underground Racer from Hovr with 1.43 million downloads. EA Mobile’s Need for Speed Shift and Sims 3 World Adventure took the fourth and fifth position with 1.26 million downloads and 1.11 million downloads.

Another interesting bit worth noting from the top 100 games of 2011, was that the cricket based games seems to have fared pretty well with IG Fun’s Cricket T20 Fever 3D Android taking the 16th place with 733,234 downloads and Cricket T20 World Championship  taking 28th place with 538,297  downloads followed by Indiagames’s 20-20 Cricket which took the 17th place with 728,477 downloads, Zapakgames’s Indo Pak Cricket stood at 21st place with 655,776 downloads and Nazara’s T20 Cricket Premier League stood at 41st place with 404,603 downloads, while its EA Cricket 10 title took the 44th place with 394,987 downloads.

Download Report

*Disclosure: Nazara is an advertiser with MediaNama

You May Also Like


Airtel and Reliance Jio now account for as much as 65% of India’s total Mobile connections. BSNL has just 10%. While Reliance Jio and...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ