– Following the cancellation of Sistema Shyam’s licenses by the Supreme Court, Russia is trying to put diplomatic pressure on the Indian government. Russian communications minister Igor Shchyogolev is likely to discuss the matter with Kapil Sibal. Read more at The Economic Times.
– The DoT will consult the Law Ministry to decide how to deal with the 19 licenses that were granted to Tata Teleservices. Tata had asked for dual-technology licenses and the government had granted 19 additional GSM licenses. Read more at The Economic Times.
– DoT may keep the 2G auction base price at Rs 12000 for a pan-India 6.2 Mhz license, thus pricing each Mhz at Rs 1,935 crore. Read more at The Deccan Herald.
– Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily said that the impact of the Supreme court’s order on the telecom sector will be temporary. Read more at DNA.
– The Supreme Court has asked the TRAI to give its suggestions on the guidelines formulated by the Union government for tightening the verification process for mobile phone connections. Read more at MoneyLife.
– The government is spending significant amount of money on video conferencing facilities. Read more at The Hindu Business Line.
– The central Government is set to start consultation process with states on FDI in multi brand retail. Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma will meet industry ministers of the southern states in Kerala by February-end. Read more at The Indian Express.