Following the restructuring of Network18′s companies, it has again reported results for Web18, HomeShop18 and Newswire18, under the Digital Content and eCommerce business segment, not indicating the profitability of individual businesses.
The segment has reported an operating loss of Rs 32.2 crore for the quarter ended 31st December 2011, on operating revenues of Rs 58.4 crore: a growth of 21% over the corresponding quarter last year, wherein revenues were at Rs 48.5 crore. Operating margin remained negative at -55% compared to last year’s corresponding quarter’s margins of -31%. The segment reported a loss of Rs 32.2 crore compared to a loss of Rs 15.3 crore during the same quarter, last year.
– According to a statement from the company Web18 which consists of Moneycontrol.com and In.com, reported revenues of Rs 26.3 crore, an increase of 21% over the corresponding quarter last year. Network18 has not reported operating expenses and profit for Web18, separately.
– The company has not provided any information on the performance of Firstpost except that it launched Mumbai and Delhi digital editions.
– The Moneycontrol.com iPad app was launched, which it says is a leader in its category, without a mention of the methodology.
– HomeShop18 recorded revenues of Rs. 21.3 crore for the quarter, a growth of 28% over the corresponding quarter last year on a proforma basis.
– Orders executed during the quarter grew by over 25% over the last quarter and 101% Year on Year.
Bookmyshow.com continued on a strong revenue growth trajectory and 1 million movie tickets are booked every month through the site.
Newswire18 has reported revenues of Rs. 10.8 crore for the quarter.