wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Anil Garg Appointed As Lumata India’s Managing Director

Lumata has appointed Anil Garg as the new Managing Director of Lumata India, effective February 15th. This appointment follows the resignation of Amit Dey, the former CEO of Lumata India. Prior to his appointment, Anil Garg was serving as General Manager at SatMetrix Systems, India. He has also served as VP Business Development at CSC; Director, Global Delivery at AT&T; and Executive Vice President at AristaSoft Corporation. In 2007, he launched SherpaZ Inc, a company which offered Talent Supply Chain solutions for large businesses, and was the company's CEO until 2009. Lumata is a mobile marketing company, backed by Francisco Partners and Buongiorno S.p.A, which is focused on mobile operators, hardware manufacturers and brands. This appointment seems to be a part of a restructuring in Lumata’s India operations and probably in line with the new strategy of Lumata's new investors, as the outgoing CEO Amit Dey had earlier told MediaNama. Last year, Buongiorno had acquired Mitsui’s stake in both businesses (51% in Buongiorno India, and 41% in Buongiorno Digital) for EUR 23 million (Rs 149.7 crore approx), following the exit of Mitsui, which was previously the majority shareholder in Buongiorno’s India business. Buongiorno later sold it’s B2B operations to the PE Fund Francisco Partners and the business was relaunched as Lumata in November 2011 with Francisco Partners owning 70% stake in the company, and Buongiorno owning the remaining 30% stake. An investor presentation from October 2011 (PDF), suggested that Buongiorno’s Indian operations had revenues of EUR 8 million (around Rs 52.1 crore) and Buongiorno Digital had revenues of EUR 20 million (around Rs 130 crore).

Please subscribe/login to read the full story.
Written By

Free Reads

News

Tata Restart website was using the trademark of Tata Sons and the image of Ratan Tata.

News

The hackers used the fake Facebook ads to target people based in European countries, specially male users, said the report

News

GPT-4 Turbo with Vision builds upon the foundation of the GPT-4 model, integrating the enhanced token outputs introduced in the Turbo model, and now...

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

NPCI CEO Dilip Asbe recently said that what is not written in regulations is a no-go for fintech entities. But following this advice could...

News

Notably, Indus Appstore will allow app developers to use third-party billing systems for in-app billing without having to pay any commission to Indus, a...

News

The existing commission-based model, which companies like Uber and Ola have used for a long time and still stick to, has received criticism from...

News

Factors like Indus not charging developers any commission for in-app payments and antitrust orders issued by India's competition regulator against Google could contribute to...

News

Is open-sourcing of AI, and the use cases that come with it, a good starting point to discuss the responsibility and liability of AI?...

You May Also Like

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ