The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators), has reported an increase of 6.67 million GSM connections in November 2011, up 1.07% as compared to 7.12 million in the previous month. Note that no information has been provided about the active users, which we’ll probably once the telecom regulator TRAI releases data for the entire industry. GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
– Idea Cellular added the maximum connections – 2.17 million connections, taking its base to 103.99 million.
– Uninor came in second, adding 1.86 million connections. Its subscriber base is now 34.18 million.
– Bharti Airtel added 0.96 million in November, taking its connection base to 174.69 million.
– Vodafone added 0.92 million connections, taking its base to 146.84 million.
– Among metro circles, Kolkata added 339,670 GSM connections, with Mumbai adding 196,338 GSM connections.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)
– October 2011: India Added Over 7.12 Million GSM Connections
– September 2011: India Added Over 6.52 Million GSM Connections
– Why You Shouldn’t Read Too Much Into COAI’s August 2011 GSM Mobile Data Yet
– July 2011: India Added Over 7.64 Million GSM Connections
– June 2011: India Added over 8.58 Million GSM Connections
– May 2011: India Added over 9.53 Million GSM Connections
– April 2011: India Added over 11.10 Million GSM Connections
– March 2011:India Added Over 14.49M GSM Connections
– Feb 2011: India Added Over 14.69M GSM Connections
– Jan 2011: India Added Over 13M GSM Connections