- Social Wavelength has raised a second round of angel funding from four investors. Read more at TechCircle. - Mojostreet players can check into more than 5.5 million Geo-Tagged locations, play & win check-in rewards from 150 brands across 1250 locations. Read more at IndiaPRwire. - Indian telecom equipment manufacturers raise the national security concern with the prime minister. Read more at IndiaPRwire. - Why Spotify can never be profitable: The secret demands of record labels. Read more at Gigaom. - Everyone speaks text message. Read more at The New York Times. - Milind Deora, the Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology, has recommended for cancellation of 53 licences, Read more at PIB. - Facebook doesn’t cause riots, Mr.Sibal, people do. Read more at POV. - Click entertainment, Read more at Hindustan Times. - Internet diminished when information deleted: Hillary Clinton. Read more at DNA. - UFO Moviez India eyes acquisitions in the domestic as well as overseas markets, particularly Europe. Read more at Business Line. - India Replaces US as one of the top spam sending nations in the World. Read more at TrendMicro.
- Post Office Bill 2023 passed in Rajya Sabha: Here are the major privacy concerns raised by MPs December 5, 2023
- Amazon launches AI assistant Amazon Q, and other major announcements from the re: Invent conference December 5, 2023
- Madhya Pradesh HC Upholds Order Holding WhatsApp Group Admin Liable for Objectionable Photos Shared December 5, 2023
- Meta removes 13 fake accounts and 7 fake groups targeting online discussions in India December 5, 2023
- Event Announcement: Deep Fakes and Democracy, December 13, 2023 #Ad December 5, 2023
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Factors like Indus not charging developers any commission for in-app payments and antitrust orders issued by India's competition regulator against Google could contribute to...
Is open-sourcing of AI, and the use cases that come with it, a good starting point to discuss the responsibility and liability of AI?...
RBI Deputy Governor Rabi Shankar called for self-regulation in the fintech sector, but here's why we disagree with his stance.
Straw man fallacy: IT Ministers’ defence of government exemptions in data protection law misses the point
Both the IT Minister and the IT Minister of State have chosen to avoid the actual concerns raised, and have instead defended against lesser...
The Central Board of Film Certification found power outside the Cinematograph Act and came to be known as the Censor Board. Are OTT self-regulating...
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...