The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators), has reported an increase of 7.12 million GSM connections in October 2011, up 7.12 million as compared to 6.52 million in September and 5.33 million in August. The growth of 1.15% is better than what has been observed over the past few months – in September the base had grown by 1.07%, and 0.88% in August. Note that no information has been provided about the active users and multi SIM users, and we’ll probably get that information once the telecom regulator TRAI releases active user data for the month.
GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
– Bharti Airtel, added 0.94 million in October; its connection base is now 173.73 million.
– Vodafone, added 0.92 million connection its base is 145.91 million.
– Idea Cellular, added 1.63 million connection its base is 101.81 million.
– Aircel added 489,481 connection its base is 60.28 million.
– BSNL added 511,973 connection its base is 91.58 million.
– MTNL added 34919 connection its base is 5.36 million.
– Among metro circles, Mumbai added 130,586 GSM connections, with Delhi adding 88,132 GSM connections.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)
– September 2011: India Added Over 6.52 Million GSM Connections
– Why You Shouldn’t Read Too Much Into COAI’s August 2011 GSM Mobile Data Yet
– July 2011: India Added Over 7.64 Million GSM Connections
– June 2011: India Added over 8.58 Million GSM Connections
– May 2011: India Added over 9.53 Million GSM Connections
– April 2011: India Added over 11.10 Million GSM Connections
– March 2011:India Added Over 14.49M GSM Connections
– Feb 2011: India Added Over 14.69M GSM Connections
– Jan 2011: India Added Over 13M GSM Connections