Geodesic, a digital messaging and content solutions company, has reported consolidated net sales of Rs 240.85 crore for the quarter ended September 30th 2011 (Q2-FY12) , up around 13.20 % from Rs 212.76 crore reported for the same quarter last fiscal. Net Profit for the period was Rs 60.08 crore, a decline of 29.52% as compared to Rs 85.25 crore during the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
The company points out that an amount of Rs 35.30 crore under depreciation/amortization includes amortization of goodwill, thereby affecting consolidated profits.. The company registered a notional loss of Rs 29.27 crore due to the US dollar appreciating against the Rupee.
Messaging: Geodesic launched Mundu Universal Messenger, a cross platform messaging application that allows users to send text and voice messages integrated with the phone’s contacts.
Mundu TV: Launched Mundu TV app for Blackberry during the quarter. Also added 17 new channels including ones offering content from NY Times and Mumbai’s Bluefrog lounge.
GeoAmida: Launched new range of GeoAmida devices that integrate a QWERTY keypad, camera and a magnetic swipe reader for use in mobile payments space.
GPS Tracking System: Offered its GPS tracking system with video/still frames to provide security and traffic monitoring solution to Mumbai Police.
Software & Solutions agreements:
– Tied-up with China based hardware and software provider Shenzhen Geniatech to pre-load Mundi IM and Mundu Radio apps on its Android based TV set top box.
– Telecom operator Loop launched Smart Chat IM service based on Mundu.
– Partnership with Infosys to offer apps on Aircel’s app store.
– Partnership with Business Link Automation India to pre-bundle Mundu apps on their Skytel branded Android Tablet.
– Geodesic’s financial arms signed up ShareKhan, IndiaInfoline and iEngines as customersto offer investment, potfolio analyses and financial services solutions.
– Received orders for GeoAmida from Africam micro-payments provider Mobicash and biometric solutions provider Digital Persona.
Geodesic Group signed agreements with:
– FujiFilm Medical Systems: To integrate Geodesic’s instant messaging SDK into its product for hospital employeesfor IM and video/voice chat.
– ASRT Corp: To pre-bundle Mundu IM and Mundu Radio on Android devices.
Anti Piracy Solutions: Implemented across 10 films including Bodyguard.
Chandamama: Geodesic launched Chandamama fors iPad and iPhone. Do read the AppNama review here.
Last quarter, Geodesic had announced plans to launch an education tablet device in the current fiscal.