The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators), has reported an increase of 6.52 million GSM connections in September 2011, up 1.07% as compared to 5.33 million in the previous month. Note that no information has been provided about the active users and multi SIM users, and we’ll probably get that information once the telecom regulator TRAI releases active user data for the month. GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
– Idea Cellular, added 1.74 million connection its base is 100.18 million.
– Bharti Airtel, added 0.94 million in September; its connection base is now 172.78 million.
– Vodafone, added 0.85 million connection its base is 144.99 million.
– Aircel added 603,260 connection its base is 59.79 million.
– BSNL added 450,341 connection its base is 91.07 million.
– MTNL added 30712 connection its base is 5.33 million.
– Among metro circles, Delhi added 236,850 GSM connections, with Kolkata adding 236,275 GSM connections.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)
– Why You Shouldn’t Read Too Much Into COAI’s August 2011 GSM Mobile Data Yet
– July 2011: India Added Over 7.64 Million GSM Connections
– June 2011: India Added over 8.58 Million GSM Connections
– May 2011: India Added over 9.53 Million GSM Connections
– April 2011: India Added over 11.10 Million GSM Connections
– March 2011:India Added Over 14.49M GSM Connections
– Feb 2011: India Added Over 14.69M GSM Connections
– Jan 2011: India Added Over 13M GSM Connections