EdServ, an education service provider has announced that it will offer IITJEE and AIEEE test preparation material on Tutor on Mobile (TOM) – Tata DOCOMO’s educational platform. The service will be available across the country. Users are required to send an SMS with the keyword TOM to 5333300 to subscribe to the service. Content is made available in the form of text, video , podcasts, images and live interactions.
The company will not charge any fee for the first month of subscription but will charge Rs 30 per month on subsequent usage. The video content is priced between Rs 5 – Rs 10 per video.
Earlier, EdServ had announced that it intended to expand its operations including the launch of mobile applications through a Rs $35 million funding by a GDR issue. It also tied up with Nokia to provide its education content on Nokia smart phones through its HumThum apps and is in talks with other mobile manufacturers to increase its mobile user base. Apart from Nokia, HumThum is also accessible on Samsung and Blackberry phones. The company expects to touch the one million mark in terms of mobile user base.
Some notes from EdServ’s annual general meeting:
– The company claims to have more than 1500 dealers as part of its dealer network.
– It launched EdInstitute, a training centre providing LampsGlow access, company’s flagship product, that is meant for the students not having internet access.
– It tied up with Gujarat state government to introduce Skill Upgadation Centers (SUC) for development of various IT and non IT skills.
– EdServ had tied up with Sriram Coaching Point (SCP) to offer their CA content on LampsGlow. Also, the it has collaborated with CAClubIndia.com which would allow its users to access content on EdServ’s platform.
– Apart from mobile, EdServ is planning to make LampsGlow available on various platforms such as IPTV, DTH and tablet devices.
Download a transcript of the speech here.