- BSNL has decided to take on private operators to cough up carrier charge dues of over Rs. 1,800 crore even as it denies charges by private operators that the state-run telecom operator is trying to hike the charge (interconnect or termination). Read more at IndiaToday - The Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) seeks powers to audit performance of industry regulators SEBI, TRAI and IRDA. Read more at Business-Standard - Redington (India) has been appointed to distribute Vodafone branded Mobiles & Telecom products across India to the channel addressing the Retail space. Read more at moneycontrol - The Telecom ministry has approved the draft NFAP(National Frequency Allocation Plan)-2011 which would help in efficient spectrum management and higher mobile penetration in rural areas. Read more at The Hindu - Vodafone pays Rs 3,900 crore tax 'under protest', will contest tax demand in Essar deal in appellate forums. Read more at The Economic Times - Active users data show new telecom companies’ troubles. Read more at Dnaindia - Making of India's regulators. Read more at Business-Standard
- Elon Musk Sues OpenAI For Violating Founding Agreement of Developing Artificial General Intelligence For Public Benefit March 2, 2024
- IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw says Google cannot remove apps of Indian companies, calls for meeting March 2, 2024
- Paytm Payments Bank fined Rs 5.49 crores for violating anti-money laundering law March 2, 2024
- Paytm discontinues its agreements with Paytm Payments Bank March 2, 2024
- European media groups sue Google for $2.3 billion over digital ad losses March 1, 2024
Vaishnaw's remarks come a day after Google removed apps belonging to Matrimony.com, Info Edge (Naukri and 99 Acres), Shaadi.com, Altt, Truly Madly, Stage, Quack...
The move can be seen as an attempt by Paytm to distance itself from the troubled Paytm Payments Bank, which has been significantly restricted...
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Views: Response to NPCI CEO’s comments that what is not written in regulations is a no-go for fintech entities
NPCI CEO Dilip Asbe recently said that what is not written in regulations is a no-go for fintech entities. But following this advice could...
Notably, Indus Appstore will allow app developers to use third-party billing systems for in-app billing without having to pay any commission to Indus, a...
The existing commission-based model, which companies like Uber and Ola have used for a long time and still stick to, has received criticism from...
Factors like Indus not charging developers any commission for in-app payments and antitrust orders issued by India's competition regulator against Google could contribute to...
Is open-sourcing of AI, and the use cases that come with it, a good starting point to discuss the responsibility and liability of AI?...
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...