eBay has enabled its Indian store on its app for the iPhone and iPod Touch, allowing Indian users to access and browse the eBay India marketplace from these devices. According to eBay India’s website, it intends to introduce similar apps for Android and Nokia phones. Previously, eBay India had launched a mobile version of its website at http://m.ebay.in, and an SMS based price check facility.
– Home Tab: The app offers a simple interface, with the Home tab featuring a counter displaying items the user is ‘Watching’, buying or selling, along with Reminders, Messages, popular and recent searches.
– Functionality: The app allows users to browse among product listings across categories, search, buy and bid for products, add listings to keep a check on them through the ‘Watch’ functionality, and access their user account, tracking buying and selling activity.
– Commit to buy; Pay later: Users can ‘Commit to buy’ items on the app and make payments through the eBay India website via PaisaPay.
– Bar code scanner: There is a bar code scanner integrated into the app, to search products using their bar codes.
– Social sharing; Other features: It also offers additional functionality such as the ability to save searches, check user feedback ratings, push alerts for buy, sell and auction activities and sharing listings on Facebook and Twitter.
– No Sell option: Unfortunately, similar to eBay India’s mobile website, the app does not integrate ‘Selling’ functionality, unlike the US and UK versions.