Our Chart of the Day feature, an experiment that began last month, passed a small milestone yesterday – of 25. Based on data made available in Financial Reports, by TRAI, and via the Right To Information Act, we have have been trying to draw some inferences from data, sharing at least one quick learning/insight from data each day, in the hope that something surprises you and changes your opinion or perspective on the Indian market, or if nothing at all, gives you a point of reference and a talking point.
If you have any data points to share with us for Chart Of The Day, please do write to email@example.com. The charts that we do are a dependent on the data available to us, which is why most of this coverage is on the mobile sector.
Credit due to two people in particular for Chart of the Day: to Saptarishi Datta who creates the visualization and interprets the data, and to Rakesh Bhatt who collects and compiles much of this data.
Our 25 charts so far, by segment:, just in case you missed any of themL
CAS & DTH
– Total vs Successful Transactions On IRCTC Payment Gateway
– BookMyShow’s Profit After Tax vs Turnover
– MakeMyTrip’s Billing Per Transaction For Air Tickets vs Hotels & Packages
– OxiCash Transactions On IRCTC, June 2010 To June 2011
– Urban And Rural Telecom Connections Of Indian Telcos
– GSM ARPU For Top 15 Mobile Circles In India
– ARPU vs Minutes Of Use For India’s CDMA & GSM Mobile Base
– CDMA ARPU For Top 15 Mobile Circles In India
– Connections vs Revenue Per Paid Subscriber Of MTNL VoIP Service In Delhi
– Vodafone India – Voice vs Data Revenue
– Airtel’s No. Of Customers vs Total Minutes On The Network
– OnMobile’s Active RBT Users vs Subscriber Reach
– Urban vs Rural Mobile Connections