The DTH subscriber base in India increased by 134.44% in a period of two years. As on March, 35.56 million DTH subscribers are registered with private service providers. December 2010 encountered a 21.21% increase in terms of subscriber base which is the maximum for the given time period. The average growth rate has been 12.99%.
Major DTH service providers include Dish TV, Airtel, Reliance, Tata Sky,Videocon and Sun Direct TV.
– Dish TV added 725,000 new subscribers in the quarter ended June 30, 2011, taking the total number of gross subscribers to 11.2 million and net subscribers to 8.9 million.
– At the end of Q1FY12, Reliance Digital TV has 3.7 million subscribers, with an 11% market share in the Indian DTH market.
– Videocon d2h claims to have reached a subscriber base of 4 million.
– Tata Sky claims a subscriber base of over 75 lakh or 7.5 million users (as of August).
– Airtel Digital TV reported a subscriber base of 6.26 million, at the end of Q1FY12.
Data Source: TRAI
Share data sources with us: contact email@example.com
Advertise: To advertise on Chart of the Day, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily and segment-wise options available.