Reliance Broadcast Network Private Limited which owns properties like BIG FM 92.7, BIG CBS, BIG Connect, BIG Street, BIG Live has posted revenues of Rs 75.2 crore for the quarter ending 30th June 2011. The Loss after Tax for this quarter stands at Rs 29.1 crore. According to RBNL, the company reported losses due to the expenses incurred due to the launch of television channels BIG CBS Spark and BIG Magic.
– The radio broadcasting division remained EBITDA positive for the quarter at Rs 16.3 crore while posting a profit after tax of Rs 2.3 crore for the current quarter. It was the only profitable segment and witnessed a growth of 22% in revenues at Rs 49.5 crore.
– Revenues from the intellectual property business grew by 33% to Rs 7 crore.
– OOH business reported revenues of Rs 5.1 crore, an increase of 13% YoY.
– Television production business reported revenues of Rs 15.7 crore.
– During the quarter, BIG 92.7 FM launched BIG Phataka League during the IPL
– BIG CBS Spark- an English youth entertainment channel was launched during this quarter.
– The company launched BIG Magic, a Hindi entertainment channel primarily meant for audiences in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand.
– Reliance Broadcast Network acquired BIG Productions, a business division focusing on content production for television channels from Reliance BIG Entertainment Private Limited.
– The company announced a joint venture with European entertainment network RTL, part of the German multinational media company, Bertelsmann. It is set to launch two thematic television channels this fiscal.