– Dhruva Interactive is looking at inorganic growth. An interview with K.Rajesh Rao in WSJ.
– Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal has asked Department of Telecom (DoT) to consider giving Trai the power to adjudicate on penalties imposed on telecom operators. More at the Economic Times.
– Aircel and Huawei have conducted a GSM/UMTS/LTE-TDD Trial on Aircel’s existing GSM/UMTS network in Hyderabad, India using devices based on Qualcomm’s MDM9600 chipset.
– UTV has launched a Bollywood channel called UTV Stars – Press Release
– Vodafone plans to list on stock exchanges in India, and the company is transferring its M&A group head Colman Deegan to Mumbai to take it to an IPO. More at The Economic Times
– The telecom department has shelved plans to sell the government’s 30% stake in Bharti Hexacom, a subsidiary of Bharti Airtel. More at The Economic Times
– Nokia has invested $75 million in two and a half years on its Chennai facility for Nokia Siemens Networks. More at The Hindu Businessline.
– Service tax on foreign telecom networks to hit cash flows of IT, ITeS firms. More at The Economic Times