- Television audience measurement firm aMap, is reportedly shutting down its Indian operations. Read More at The Economic Times. - NDS Group Ltd. has appointed Dave Habiger as Chief Executive Officer while Dr. Abe Peled, previously Chairman and CEO, will be serving the role of Executive Chairman. Read the Press Release - The TRAI has recommended that the minimum download speeds for broadband internet connections should be 512Kbps. It will be increased to 2Mbps w.e.f 1st Jan 2015. Press Release - Does the UID infringe on privacy? Business Standard - Vuclip, the independent mobile video service, has launched in the Philippines with national carriers, Globe Telecom, Sun Cellular and Smart Communications through its local partner ThumbMOB Philippines. Press Release - Department of Information Technology under it’s “Technology Development for Indian Languages (TDIL) Programme” has brought out CDs containing software tools for all the 22 constitutionally recognized Indian languages, and can also be downloaded free. Press Release - Merinews.com, a participatory news portal has launched its Gurgaon Edition, to offer hyper-local news and infotainment. Press Release - Airtel has appointed Anant Arora as CEO of the company’s B2C operations in Gujarat circle. He will report to Raghunath Mandava - Operations Director West. Via Press Release - Kapil Sibal has emphasized on the adoption of scientific guidelines for penalizing the telecom service providers. The DoT and the industry will join hands frame guidelines that are rational, relevant and objective as the entire industry is under high cost burden. Via Press Release. - The recommendations of the Justice Majithia…
- Now Health Ministry says: ‘No report’ on the creation of health database by e-pharmacies March 20, 2023
- What are the new measures taken by American telecom regulator on scam robotexts? March 20, 2023
- Here’s why you should worry about Punjab’s Internet shutdown March 20, 2023
- Last day: Don’t forget to switch from SMS two-factor authentication on Twitter March 20, 2023
- Is it Piracy if “Digital Libraries” Provide Free Access to Books? US Court Weighs Tough Question March 20, 2023
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Amazon announced that it will integrate its logistics network and SmartCommerce services with the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC).
India's smartphone operating system BharOS has received much buzz in the media lately, but does it really merit this attention?
After using the Mapples app as his default navigation app for a week, Sarvesh draws a comparison between Google Maps and Mapples
In the case of the ‘deemed consent' provision in the draft data protection law, brevity comes at the cost of clarity and user protection
The regulatory ambivalence around an instrument so essential to facilitate data exchange – the CM framework – is disconcerting for several reasons.
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...
Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...