The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators), has reported an increase of 7.64 million GSM connections in July 2011, up 1.28% as compared to 8.58 million in the previous month. Note that no information has been provided about the active users and multi sim users, and we’ll probably get that information once the telecom regulator TRAI releases active user data for the month. GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
– BSNL, added 1.77 million in July; its connection base is now 90.23 million.
– Bharti Airtel, added 1.51 million in July; its connection base is now 170.69 million.
– Vodafone, added 1.49 million connection its base is 143.01 million.
– Idea, added 1 million connection its base is 96.11 million.
– Aircel, added 0.60 million connection its base is 58.58 million.
– Among metro circles, Delhi added 325,360 GSM connections, with Kolkata adding 278,853 GSM connections and Mumbai adding 251,537 connections.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)
– June 2011: India Added over 8.58 Million GSM Connections
– May 2011: India Added over 9.53 Million GSM Connections
– April 2011: India Added over 11.10 Million GSM Connections
– March 2011:India Added Over 14.49M GSM Connections
– Feb 2011: India Added Over 14.69M GSM Connections
– Jan 2011: India Added Over 13M GSM Connections