– Saregama India Ltd has informed the Bombay Stock Exchange that Mr. Dipankar Basu has resigned as a Director of the Company with immediate effect.
– B.A.G. Films and Media Ltd has informed BSE that Rajiv Shukla, Director of the Company has tendered his resignation from Directorship with effect from July 09, 2011.
– Shemaroo Entertainment has opened a new office at Delhi NCR. It intends to work closely with the telecom operators and strengthen its positioning in North India, through the new office premises. The office will be headed by Kapil Gupta, designated as Head – Product Innovations. Press Release
– Providence Equity Partners, the US based private equity firm is considering an exit from Idea Cellular. Providence holds 9.99 per cent in Idea Cellular. Read more at The Hindu Business Line
– MTNL is set to overhaul its marketing and customer care operations in Delhi and Mumbai, following a directive from communication minister Kapil Sibal asking the management to achieve a 25% jump in revenues by March 2012. In order to achieve the objective, the company needs to generate additional revenues of Rs 1000 crore over a period of nine months. Read more at The Economic Times
– Reliance Broadcast Network Limited has made two new appointments. It has appointed Vivek Bagai as National Sales Head, Big Street, while Naveen Saxena comes on board as Regional Business Head West. Both will report to Ashwin Padmanabhan, Business Head, BIG Street. Read the Press Release
– NetworkPlay has entered into an advertising sales agreement with Sun Direct TV. The agreement allows NetworkPlay to have exclusive selling and ad- serving rights on all of SUN Direct’s owned and operated properties on its DTH platform. Via Press Release
– Airtel Digital TV has launched Superhitz, a subscription based movie and video content service in collaboration with Viacom 18 – Colors. The service is available for a starting price of Rs 20 per month. Read Press Release
– IDBI Bank, one of the Registrars for enrolment of residents under Aadhaar project of UIDA has launched a pilot project for Aadhaar enrollment for its employees at its Corporate office. Read the Press Release
– Bharti Airtel has launched 3G services in 3 more cities in Andhra Pradesh- Tirupati, Nellore and Kadappa. The company had earlier launched 3G services across other parts of the state such as Vizag, Vijayawada, Warangal, Guntur, Karimanagar, Rajahmundry and Kakinada. Read Press Release
– TaxSpanner, a portal that facilitates preparation and filing of individual Income Tax Returns (ITR) has announced an SMS based service that intends to provide tax assistance to the users. The company had also launched a mobile website earlier. Read the Press Release