– Vodafone is in talks with two private equity players for offloading some of its stake in Vodafone India, given that the company will cross India’s foreign investment limit by around 1% after exercising options to transfer 33% of Essar’s stake in the venture. More at the Economic Times
– Viom Networks Ltd, the joint venture between Tata Teleservices Ltd and the Kanorias of Srei Group, is willing to acquire GTL Infrastructure Ltd, after the companys debt is restructured. GTLs debt levels Rs 12,000-13,000 crore. More at DNA
– Idea Cellular has reportedly crossed 70 lakh subscribers in Kerala. The company claims to have reached 3,280 towns and villages in Kerala and has a network of nearly 5,000 sites. Via Press Release
– Aegis Media has set up its integrated Media Office in Mumbai. The new Aegis Media Mumbai office will house Aegis Media, Carat Media, Posterscope, Vizeum, Isobar, iProspect, Brandscope, Carat Fresh Integrated & Hyperspace. Via Press Release
– Indian Angel Network has invested $ 1 million in Bangalore-based embedded software tool developer firmVayavya Labs. Vayavya intends to use the funds to expand its toolset suite for electronic systems level design, and to strengthen its sales and marketing effort. Read the Press Release.
– Shyam Sistema has expanded its board of directors from 9 to 13 members, to include Feliks Evtushenkov, Alexey Buyanov, former Tata Sky MD Vikram Kaushik and Indian Society of Advertisers Chairman Bharat Patel. More at The Hindu
– South Indian Bank ties up with TimesofMoney for remittances – IBNLive