- By virtue of the Spectrum Act, the Department of Telecom (DoT) will be granted the authority to take back spectrum from telecom operators who are not utilizing it. DoT aims to make operators accountable for efficient usage of airwaves. The proposed Act will also enlist the rules for spectrum re-farming and relocation from existing users. At present, telcos can keep the spectrum with themselves as long as they meet the stipulated licensing conditions. Read more at The Hindu Business Line. - Nokia, along with Hungama.com, a digital content provider is set to introduce a mobile application that will bring music concerts to mobile devices. The application is likely to be named Nokia Smart Night and would be available for free on the Nokia app store for Symbian^3 and S60 platforms. Read more at Afaqs. - Union Bank of India has partnered with ElectraCard Services…
- PrivacyNama Session: Geopolitics, Data Segmentation and Cross Border Data Flows; October 6 September 30, 2022
- PrivacyNama: Announcing Keynote Speaker: Usha Ramanathan; Oct 6 September 30, 2022
- Why India Should Think About Harms of Deanonymisation in Non-Personal Data Governance and Privacy Law September 30, 2022
- Streaming companies continue to comply with grievance disclosures under IT Rules, 2021 even when not legally required September 29, 2022
- Is it time to say goodbye to annoying CAPTCHAs? Here’s what we know September 29, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
The Structure and Style of a Dogma Community: Conspiracy theories and organized Twitter engagement on Sushant Singh Rajput
Studying the 'community' supporting the late Sushant Singh Rajput (SSR) shows how Twitter was gamed through organized engagement
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...