– Aidem Ventures, a media consulting, marketing and advertising sales company, has been appointed as the media representative for Al Jazeera English (AJE) and other Al Jazeera flagship channels, namely Al Jazeera Arabic, Al Jazeera Documentary, Al Jazeera Mobasher in India. Via Press Release.
– Mukta Arts has launched Mukta A2 Cinemas – a cineplex chain that claims to offer competitive ticket pricing. It opened its first multiplex at Centresquare Mall, Vadodara on July 15th. Read more at BSE
– Evernote has secured $ 50 million in a funding round led by Sequoia Capital along with Morgenthaler Ventures. The company intends to use the new funds for growth and expansion of its services along with devising acquisition strategies. Read the Press Release.
– InkFruit will be the Style Partner for Comic Con Express Mumbai and for the Second Annual Indian Comics Convention. The company will be setting up its own exhibit/booth at the convention. Read the Press Release.
– Airtel digital TV has added 41 new channels to their catalogue. The company now offers a total of 247 channels. The newly added channels in standard definition inlcude 5 Telegu, 2 Tamil, 2 Malyalam, 2 Kannada, 11 Hindi, 1 Bhojpuri, 1 Oriya,1 Bengali and 12 English channels. The company has also launched 4 High Definition English channels. Read the Press Release.
– UTV is set to launch its new channel UTV Stars. Nikhil Gandhi has been appointed as the Business Head for the soon to be launched Bollywood Entertainment Channel. Via Press Release.
– Jivox, an online video advertising company has announced its partnership with ABP Digital for online video advertising. The partnership allows ABP Digital to use the Jivox platform for running online interactive video ads (pre-roll, mid-roll, post-roll and video banners) for all its portals including Anandabazar.com, Telegraphindia.com, and Businessworld.in across web and mobile platforms. Via Press Release