Tata Communications has reported a consolidated revenue of Rs. 11,932 crore for the financial year ended 31st March 2011 (FY11), up 8% from the Rs 11,025.56 crore ir reported for the last fiscal. The company registered a net loss of Rs 854 crore which includes Rs 551 crore loss for the company’s 49.01% holding in Neotel, South Africa. Its total expenditures including networking costs, operating expenses, salaries, depreciation and amortizations stands at Rs 12254.69 crore, a minor increase compared to the last financial year. The earnings per share for the company was in the negative at Rs -29.97.
– Revenues from global voice solutions increased to Rs 6525.89 crore in FY11 from Rs 6131.94 in FY10. Segment results slipped from Rs 1136.39 crore to Rs 1014.17 crore.
– Revenues from global data and managed services were up from Rs 4205.41 crore to Rs 4615.91 crore. Segment results witnessed an increase at Rs 3382.47 crore from Rs 3005. 43 crore that the company recorded in FY10.
– Other segments, which include the company’s joint ventures and retail business, generated revenues of Rs 790 crore and segment results for the same were at Rs 407.40 crore.
– The company launched tele-presence public rooms in Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore. The service intends to deliver public and private Cisco Telepresence rooms to companies globally.
– It announced a partnership with Google to bring on-the-go business connectivity to enterprises in India (InstaOffice).
– It also opened a US$180 million data centre, Tata Communications Exchange in Singapore.
– The company also announced the international launch of InstaCompute, its cloud infrastructure and application services offering.
– Tata Communications signed an international voice sourcing agreement with Videotron, a Canadian communications company.