- SnapDeal.com(Jasper) has adopted Shiv Nagar, a village in Uttar Pradesh and will develop the village's infrastructure, including installation of water pumps and supporting the local school and hospital. The residents have decided to rename the village to SnapDeal.com Nagar. Read More at The Economic Times. - Nokia has signed a patent license agreement with Apple to settle all patent litigation between the two companies. As a part of this agreement, Nokia and Apple would have to withdraw their respective complaints from the US International Trade Commission. The financial terms of the agreement include a one time payment payable by Apple and on-going royalties to be paid by Apple to Nokia for the term of the agreement.The specific terms of the contract are confidential.Read Press Release. - The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered a case against Ex-MTNL officials and employees of a Noida based private firm dealing in optical fibre transmission, on allegations that MTNL awarded the work of broadcast network based on IP/MPLS Technology at an exorbitant price of approx. Rs.570.12 crores by manipulating the specification to favour the firm. Read Press Release. - S.K Modi, Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar has announced that the State will soon frame rules for regulating mobile towers in urban areas of Bihar. Read More at The Economic Times. - Kapil Sibal, Union Minister of Communications and Information Technology held a conference with the stakeholders to discuss the National Communication Policy (ICT) Policy-2011. Read Press Release. - The Central Board of Film Certification has…
- “Foreign state actor” may be responsible for the ransomware attack on AIIMS-Delhi: Report December 3, 2022
- Agenda: Reworking The Data Protection Bill, Delhi, 8th Dec #Ad December 3, 2022
- Why has the deadline to comply with UPI market share cap been extended by the NPCI? December 3, 2022
- India’s IT Minister on DPDP Bill: Law should be kept ‘simple’, subordinate rules won’t exceed Act December 3, 2022
- MIB approves ninth self regulatory body, PADMA, under the IT Rules, 2021 December 3, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
The Structure and Style of a Dogma Community: Conspiracy theories and organized Twitter engagement on Sushant Singh Rajput
Studying the 'community' supporting the late Sushant Singh Rajput (SSR) shows how Twitter was gamed through organized engagement
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...