– Motricity, a mobile data services solutions announced the opening of its new data centre in New Delhi. The company has started expanding its services in Singapore as well. Via Press Release.
– Network 18 as announced to launch Aftermarket, a magazine that focuses on automotive aftermarket. The magazine will initially have eight sections: News, Rearview, Cover Story, Interview, Cutting Edge, Focus, Viewpoint, and updates on new products. Read Press Release.
– ESPN Star has secured exclusive rights to broadcast the Spanish football league for a period of three years across its channels in 18 countries including India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Papua New Guinea, the Maldives, Nepal, Bhutan, North Korea as well as China and South Korea. Read More at The Economic Times.
– The department of telecommunications (DoT) has ordered Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd to prepare a voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) for 50,000 of the latter’s employees. About 50,000 employees are expected to retire in the next 4-5 months. Read more at The Economic Times.
– Saffronart, auction house concluded it’s Summer Online Auction on June 16th, 2011 with a world record of Rs. 4.61 crores ($1.06 million) for a bid placed via a mobile application in any fine-art auction. The auction achieved a total sale of Rs. 17.5 crores ($4 million). Read More at The Business Standard.