– Mahindra Satyam has launched a mobile couponing platform. It is developed by the company’s enterprise mobility practice, for mobile application development. Using this service, the customers will have access to coupon offers and information directly on their handsets. The service enables retailers to study customer’s shopping behaviour, manage inventory levels and thereby delivering personalized offers to their clients. Read Press Release.
– IBM has proposed the Indian telcos to create a industry wide cloud platform for VAS which would be used by various telcos to offer different VAS services. The company suggest that the telcos should build a common service delivery platform and integrate with their OSS/BSS layer where several third party content can be hosted. Read More at InformationWeek.
– GoTripIndia has launched IndianTravelGuide.Com, a travel portal focusing on India. It is launched in partnership with HotelKhoj.com, an online hotel portal. The website offers information on places of tourist attraction, museums, hotels and others across all the major states in India coupled with reviews and pictures. Read More at Benzinga
– ForMe, a Chinese handset manufacturer has entered the Indian mobile market. The company intends to sell 1 lakh handsets in 4 South Indian states and aims to sell 20,000 to 25,000 mobile phones in Chennai alone. The company has launched 5 dual sim phones in South India in a price band of Rs 4000- Rs 5000. Read More at MSN.
– Anil Ambani recently went to Tihar Jail to meet the – Reliance ADA group managing director Gautam Doshi and senior vice president Hari Nair. Later, he also went to AIIMS to meet Surendra Pipara, Group President. Read More at The Economic Times.
– A Foreign Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) has disclosed that 2 prime accuse of 2G spectrum scam have considerable assets in Private Investments Firms abroad. The Indian FIU has discovered 32 accounts with questionable transactions that belong to the accused. ED and CBI are jointly tracking the money trail of accused companies particularly those involving Swan Telecom, Loop telecom and Unitech Wireless. Read More at The Times Of India.
– The Department of Telecom is set to allocate an estimated amount of Rs 6,000- Rs 8,000 crore as subsidy for financing the roll out of country wide broadband services. It has propossed to invite bids from mobile phone companies, fixed-line operators and ISPs to make the services available in the rural and semi-urban areas. The government is yet to decide on the number slots per circle that will be open for bidding. Read More at The Economic Times.
– ProAll,a VAS provider has tied up with Atom Technologies, a m-commerce solution provider by the virtue of which ProAll will be able to leverage atom’s mobile payment platform for the customers of its Dial N Sing service. It will deploy atom’s IVR solution, atom mobile application and atom Net Banking solutions using which the customers can choose from different payment options through their mobile phones. (Via Press Release).
– Infibeam has launched a personalized Magic Box. Using this, the company claims to give its a user a personalized shopping experience by monitoring the buying pattern of the customer. On using the personalized Magic Box, the company claims to offer a surprise that would be based on number of parameters including product affinity, aspired products, new launched products etc. Read Press Release.
– Vodafone has launched audio conferencing for business customers. The customers can choose from a range of audio conferencing versions according to their convenience. Read Press Release.