- Essar is winding-up its African operations. It has decided to return the telecom service operations it had acquired from Walid Telecom and is currently looking for a buyer for its Kenya operations which it had bought for $150 million. Read More at The Economic Times. - Uninor announced that it has reached 25 million subscriptions within 18 months of its launch. Uttar Pradesh accounts for the maximum number followed by Bihar and West Bengal.The telco operates in 13 circles and is currently ranked at 8th position in terms of subscriptions. Via Press Release. - National Geographic Channel has launched its Tamil feed. Apart from English and Tamil, NGC is present in 4 different languages: Bengali, Telugu and Hindi . Read Press Release. - Solutions Digitas has been split into 2 stand-alone firms namely Digitas India and Solutions India. Although both the companies will be a part of Publicis Groupe and will operate under the VivaKi portfolio, they have will independent set-ups and teams with separate financial statements. Read More at afaqs. - Oracle has filed a patent and copyright-infringement lawsuit against Google, stating that the company uses Java related technology and violates copyrights on the code, documentation and specifications in Android. Read More at Bloomberg. - Loop Telecom has said that it has got a clean chit from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, ruling that the company was not an associate of Essar, which had a 2.15 percent stake in the company, when it obtained a license in 2007. Read More at MSN. -…
- India’s central bank launches pilot of e-Rupee for retail segment: Here’s everything to know November 29, 2022
- Event Announcement: Reworking the Data Protection Bill, Delhi, 8th Dec #Ad November 29, 2022
- Telegram Discloses Names, Numbers, IP Addresses of Alleged Copyright Infringers to Delhi HC November 29, 2022
- Nashik residents question the linking of Aadhaar with Voter ID November 29, 2022
- What can we learn about crypto scams from WazirX’s latest transparency report? November 29, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
The Structure and Style of a Dogma Community: Conspiracy theories and organized Twitter engagement on Sushant Singh Rajput
Studying the 'community' supporting the late Sushant Singh Rajput (SSR) shows how Twitter was gamed through organized engagement
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...