- The Indian Government has notified the Collection of Statistics Rules on 16th May, 2011 based on the Collection of Statistics Act which was brought into effect on 11th June, 2010. The act allows collection of economic, social, demographic, environmental and scientific data from industries as well as from individuals and households, and empowers the Central/ State Governments, UT Administrations and the local governments such as Panchayats and Municipalities to collect any statistics. Refusal to furnish information can lead to penalties. Read Press Release. - Pearson Education India has stated that it intends to tie up with or buy other education service providers to expand base in the Indian market, and is eyeing a market share of 10% within the next 2 years. The company is in talks with various state governments in India to roll out a teacher training program. Read More at LiveMint. - According to a report by Cisco, internet traffic will rise to 14.4 exabytes(1 exabyte=1 billion Gigabytes) by 2015 from 1.6 exabytes in 2010. Internet traffic generated in India is estimated to reach 7.7 gigabyte per month by 2015 as compared to 1.4 gigabytes per month in 2010, and that there will be 1 million Internet households in India that will generate more than 100 gigabytes per month in 2015. Read More at GovernanceNow. - Recommended Reading: T N Ninan: Do a garage sale (Business Standard) - Even in the protected world of India's sick PSU, it takes a special kind of govt company to lose Rs 8 crore a day, while…
- Final Call: Impact of Draft Criminal Laws on the Digital Ecosystem; Nov 30, 3:30 PM November 30, 2023
- Earnings Call: Vodafone Idea shares details of license fee expense, impact of Jio Bharat and more November 29, 2023
- Finance Ministry meets with banks, payments companies to discuss online fraud November 29, 2023
- Delhi High Court restricts DialMyTrip its name in trademark dispute with MakeMyTrip November 29, 2023
- NCLAT defers hearing of Google’s appeal against Play Store antitrust order November 28, 2023
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Factors like Indus not charging developers any commission for in-app payments and antitrust orders issued by India's competition regulator against Google could contribute to...
Is open-sourcing of AI, and the use cases that come with it, a good starting point to discuss the responsibility and liability of AI?...
RBI Deputy Governor Rabi Shankar called for self-regulation in the fintech sector, but here's why we disagree with his stance.
Straw man fallacy: IT Ministers’ defence of government exemptions in data protection law misses the point
Both the IT Minister and the IT Minister of State have chosen to avoid the actual concerns raised, and have instead defended against lesser...
The Central Board of Film Certification found power outside the Cinematograph Act and came to be known as the Censor Board. Are OTT self-regulating...
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...