– BSNL has decided to link future fund allocations for all 24 circles to the realisation of specific revenue targets in financial year 2011-12. Each circle head has been told to expand business and to achieve a minimum 25% revenue growth this fiscal. Read more at The Economic Times
– Kotak Securities has launched its mobile stock trading app. The application is available free of cost and allows check their portfolio and account details, get live streaming data of market updates and more. The app is currently available on Blackberry and Java and will be launched soon on iPhone and Android as well. Read the Press Release.
– Anil Ambani’s work email id has been hacked.The hackers have used a technique called email spoofing. The malicious email appeared to have come from an ID on the Bloomberg.tv domain. Read more at The Economic Times.
– Invoicera, one of the online invoicing and billing solution provider has announced the launch of API v1.0 (Application Programming Interface). The API would allow 3rd party developers to expand and build on the Invoicera platform and would allow them to access all of the Invoicera services that are currently provided through the web interface. Read The Press Release.
– The Centaur Hotels’ website, centaurhotels.com, has reportedly compromised personal information of its hotel guests like details of passports, driving licences, pan numbers, credit cards and other confidential data. Around 52 scanned copies of passports of people of different nationalities, pan card details of Indian guests and driving licences were visible on the site. Read More at Times of India.
– French retailer Carrefour is building an online shopping portal in India. Carrefour has chosen IBM-Websphere Commerce as the platform and implementation is being done by Salmon India. Read more at The Economic Times.
– India intends to enforce changes in its Do Not Call rules from next month. According to the rules, heavy fines will be levied on telecom companies that allow calls to be made to people on the list. Airtel will no longer provide text-messaging service to telemarketers, although it will continue to carry telemarketing phone calls. Read more at The Wall Street Journal.
Editor’s Note: We’ve heard this before. The deadlines keep getting stretched. It’s now over six months since the first deadline.
– Motorola Mobility India is set to launch Xoom, its tablet built on Android OS in India by the end of this month. Blackberry Playbook is expected to be launched in the country by the end of the month as well. Read More at The Economic Times.
– Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has reportedly lost a huge amount of money by not charging other telcos for telephone messages or SMSes carried on its network. Read more at LiveMint.
– GETIT Infoservices Pvt. Ltd. has launched getitFREEADS on voice in India. Consumers can now dial 4444 444for both callGETIT and getitFREEADS. Read the Press Release.
– Lava has collaborated with SRS Labs Inc to launch SRS WOW HD within the LAVA M-Series feature phones. The service aims at providing better audio experience, enhanced bass response and better sound clarity. Read the Press Release.