The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators) has reported an increase of 9.53 million GSM connections in May 2011, up 1.64% for the month. Note that no information has been provided about the active users and multi sim users, and we’ll probably get that information once the telecom regulator TRAI releases data. GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
– Bharti Airtel, added 2.45 million in May; its connection base is now 167.06 million.
– Vodafone, added 2.44 million connection its base is 139.42 million.
– Aircel, Idea and Uninor added over a million connections each.
– Videocon’s connection base declined during the month by 186,161.
– UP (E) and Bihar added over a million GSM connections.
– Among metro circles, Delhi added 380,123 GSM connections, with Mumbai adding 292,453 GSM connections and Kolkata adding 196,914 connections.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)
– April 2011: India Added over 11.10 Million GSM Connections
– March 2011:India Added Over 14.49M GSM Connections
– Feb 2011: India Added Over 14.69M GSM Connections
– Jan 2011: India Added Over 13M GSM Connections