- New Enterprise Associates India (Pvt.) Ltd., (NEA India) has appointed A.P Parigi as Advisor for its operations in India. Prior joining NEA, Parigi was working as MD & CEO of Entertainment Network India Limited (Radio Mirchi).Presently he is a member of the Board of Directors of Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd. He has previously worked with ACC, Batliboi & Company Limited and has also served as the CEO of BPL Mobile Communications. Read More at Radio & Music. - The Dentsu India Group has appointed Rohit Ohri as Executive Chairman. Ohri joins from JWT India where he was Managing Partner; he has nearly twenty-four years of experience in advertising communications, twenty-one of which were spent at JWT, India. The Dentsu India Group comprises four independent, full-service advertising agencies-Dentsu Communications, Dentsu Marcom, Dentsu Creative Impact and Dentsu MediaTech-and a digital agency, Clickstreamers. (source) - Nokia's Chief Technical Officer, Richard L. Green has taken a leave of absence. Henri Tirri, previously working as the Head of Nokia Research Centre would be the acting CTO. Although Green has cited personal reasons for his absence, reports suggests that Green has left the company owing to some disagreements in strategy. Prior joining Nokia, Green was working with Sun Microsystems as the Executive Vice President. Read More at The New York Times. - Lavina Tauro, previously Vice President (Voice Products) has been promoted as Senior Vice President, Voice Products, Interactive – UTV. During her stint with the company she has launched the Audio Cinema product, which…
- Summary: India’s new guidelines for online reviews on e-commerce platforms December 5, 2022
- All Real-Money Online Games May Come Under Indian Government’s Proposed Gaming Regulation: Report December 5, 2022
- New guidelines for PLI scheme on drones but MCA yet to regularise drone usage December 5, 2022
- Telegram Once Again Discloses User Information In Copyright Case At Delhi High Court December 5, 2022
- ITI submissions: what are the policy barriers faced by US tech businesses in India? December 5, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
The Structure and Style of a Dogma Community: Conspiracy theories and organized Twitter engagement on Sushant Singh Rajput
Studying the 'community' supporting the late Sushant Singh Rajput (SSR) shows how Twitter was gamed through organized engagement
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...