- New Enterprise Associates India (Pvt.) Ltd., (NEA India) has appointed A.P Parigi as Advisor for its operations in India. Prior joining NEA, Parigi was working as MD & CEO of Entertainment Network India Limited (Radio Mirchi).Presently he is a member of the Board of Directors of Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd. He has previously worked with ACC, Batliboi & Company Limited and has also served as the CEO of BPL Mobile Communications. Read More at Radio & Music. - The Dentsu India Group has appointed Rohit Ohri as Executive Chairman. Ohri joins from JWT India where he was Managing Partner; he has nearly twenty-four years of experience in advertising communications, twenty-one of which were spent at JWT, India. The Dentsu India Group comprises four independent, full-service advertising agencies-Dentsu Communications, Dentsu Marcom, Dentsu Creative Impact and Dentsu MediaTech-and a digital agency, Clickstreamers. (source) - Nokia's Chief Technical Officer, Richard L. Green has taken a leave of absence. Henri Tirri, previously working as the Head of Nokia Research Centre would be the acting CTO. Although Green has cited personal reasons for his absence, reports suggests that Green has left the company owing to some disagreements in strategy. Prior joining Nokia, Green was working with Sun Microsystems as the Executive Vice President. Read More at The New York Times. - Lavina Tauro, previously Vice President (Voice Products) has been promoted as Senior Vice President, Voice Products, Interactive – UTV. During her stint with the company she has launched the Audio Cinema product, which…
- Inside an industry body’s alleged draft voluntary code of ethics for online real money gaming companies December 2, 2023
- India’s Consumer Protection Authority Notifies Guidelines For Dark Patterns, What’s New? December 1, 2023
- Tata Consultancy Services to pay $210 million in a trade secret row in the US December 1, 2023
- Indian Government Approves Scheme To Provide Drones To 15,000 Women Self Help Groups December 1, 2023
- Google agrees to pay news publishers in Canada December 1, 2023
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Factors like Indus not charging developers any commission for in-app payments and antitrust orders issued by India's competition regulator against Google could contribute to...
Is open-sourcing of AI, and the use cases that come with it, a good starting point to discuss the responsibility and liability of AI?...
RBI Deputy Governor Rabi Shankar called for self-regulation in the fintech sector, but here's why we disagree with his stance.
Straw man fallacy: IT Ministers’ defence of government exemptions in data protection law misses the point
Both the IT Minister and the IT Minister of State have chosen to avoid the actual concerns raised, and have instead defended against lesser...
The Central Board of Film Certification found power outside the Cinematograph Act and came to be known as the Censor Board. Are OTT self-regulating...
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...