Geodesic, a digital messaging and content solutions company, has reported consolidated net sales of Rs 873.88 crore for the fiscal year ended 31st March 2011, up around 37% from Rs 637.36 crore reported the previous fiscal. Net Profit for the fiscal was Rs 344.40 crore, an increase of 54 % as compared to Rs 223.70 crore the previous year. Earnings per share for the company rose to Rs 37.83 from Rs 24.25.
For the fourth quarter (Q4-FY11), total income was Rs 237.62 crore, up around 36% from Rs 174.72 crore the corresponding quarter the previous year. Net Profit was Rs 92.52 crore, up 33% from Rs 69.44 crore.
– Music for the movie F.A.L.T.U was launched exclusively on Geodesic’s digital multimedia platform. MediaNama’s review here.
– Mundu Radio launched ball by ball commentary update for the Cricket World Cup. This is interesting, particularly in context of this case.
– Mundu TV was launched for the North American market.
– A specially designed version of Spokn, the Internet telephony service from Geodesic, was launched for the Middle East market
– Geodesic signed an agreement with Airtel to launch Spokn VMS which allows posting voice messages to facebook. This is now fairly common, among telecom operators. Additionally, “Geodesic also signed an agreement with Airtel for yet another Mundu product,” though Geodesic hasn’t disclosed which. (ED: if you know – tell us)
– Geodesic signed an agreement with Qualcomm for Mundu IM for the Brew MP platform.
– Claro launched the Windows Live Client service in Guatemala through Geodesic’s subsidiary Interactive Networks Inc.; it has already been launched in Nicaragua, El Salvador and Panama.
Bundling agreements for the Mundu suite:
– HiAchieve Digital Technology (HCD), which already has Mundu IM prebundled, will pre-bundle Mundu Radio application for HCD Android Tablet ‘eWONDER PAD’
– Universal Microelectronics Co., Ltd., a Taiwanese giant which was going to pre-bundle Mundu Radio will now also pre-bundle Mundu sms and Mundu IM applications for their Android Tablets.
– Micromax handsets to bundle Mundu TV for their Android and J2ME devices
– A teaming agreement with IBM Malaysia to offer Mundu suite of products on IBM’s Service Delivery Platform for Malaysian telecom operators.
GeoAmida and E-governance:
– Bartronics: GeoAmida has been deployed by Bartronics for its Chattisgarh PDS (Publicion System) Distribution project for tracking and confirming Kerosene deliveries to ration shops. The agreement was announced last quarter
– UIDAI: Geodesic has been selected for empanelment of software solution developers (Tier 1), by UIDAI, for UIDAI related projects in various State and Central government.
– Nagaland e-governance: Government of Nagaland signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Geodesic to include GeoAmida based solutions for the “Food & Civil supplies” department. GeoAmida solutions will also be extended to cover the entire gamut of activities of Department of Education including school education.