Balaji Telefilms has announced the appointment of Punyashlok Bhakta, previously the Business Head (Consumer Business) and Head of Marketing at Hungama Digital Media. According to his LinkedIn profile, Bhakta was at Hungama for almost three years, where he joined after attempting to start a digital content company. He joins Balaji New Media as CEO, filling a gap left by Uday Sodhi, who joined upstart job portal HeadHonchos as CEO in September.
What’s interesting about Bhakta’s appointment is that he is joining a company that is expected to be sold – in January, Balaji Telefilms announced plans to sell its Internet and Mobile business, a move that was subsequently ratified by its shareholders with an 86.1 percent majority. Balaji New Media owns Hoonur.com, recently recast as a social network which allowing television aspirants to showcase their talent online, and hunt for jobs. In the past, it has produced made for mobile audio and video content – Devotional, humor, Mythology, Jokes, and “youth oriented fiction”; a mobile series called Kriminal Kaun; a devotion focused iPhone Application on Lord Ganesha, and an online fiction show called ‘Bol Niti Bol’.
Photo source: Bhakta’s twitter profile
– Balaji Telefilms To Sell Its Online And Mobile Business
– Hoonur Relaunches As Social Network
– Updated: Uday Sodhi Joins Upstart Job Portal HeadHonchos.com As CEO
– Balaji New Media CEO Uday Sodhi On Hoonur.com, Mobile Content Initiatives
– Updated: Balaji Telefilms Launches Made For Mobile Detective Series On Voice With Aircel
– Balaji Telefilms To Launch Online Fiction Show On YouTube, Rediff And Mid-Day.com