Nokia has expanded the content subscription portfolio available under Ovi Life Tools to include Healthcare Services. Following launch in China and Nigeria, Healthcare will be added as a channel to Ovi Life Tools in India and Indonesia.
In India, the Ovi Life Tools Healthcare channel covers the following topics:
– Mother and Child: Pregnancy advice customized to a subscribers due date, and Child care tips tailored to the subscribers’ child’s age. According to Ovi Life Tools FAQ, the pregnancy tips are sent until the estimated due date, while the childcare tips are sent until the Child is 5 years of age. Strange – we think the subscription should be available on monthly renewal.
– Health Topics: tips for common health conditions such as Diabetes, Respiratory and Heart tailored to subscribers age and gender
– Health & Fitness: advice on Men’s Health and Women’s Health customized to the subscribers age
In India, Ovi Life tools has partnerships with Airtel, Idea, Reliance Communications and Tata Docomo, as both on demand content, and a monthly subscription service priced at Rs. 30. As per its website, provides content via SMS in Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu and Hindi.
With Ovi Life Tools, Nokia is essentially playing the role of a content aggregator, and it provides the company with two specific opportunities – firstly of pushing its low cost handsets which integrate Ovi Life Tools, and secondly, of additive revenue, since content aggregation offers higher margins than the competitive handset market. Making Ovi Life Tools independent of handsets will help Nokia address a wider base. We think Nokia should consider voice-enabling content as well – perhaps use Voice SMS as a delivery mechanism instead of text messages.
We couldn’t find the Ovi Life Tools application on the Nokia Ovi Store.
– Nokia’s Ovi Life Tools To Offer IGNOU Certificate Programme In English
– RCOM & Nokia Partner For Ovi Life Tools, Ovi Music, Free Data
– BSNL, EnableM & OnMobile Launch Learn English: The Opportunity
– Nokia Ovi Life Tools To Power Rural VAS For Tata DoCoMo; STK
– BBC Janala Delivers 1M English Lessons To Mobile In Bangladesh