The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators) has reported an increase of 14.49 million GSM connections in the country for the month of March 2011, up 2.61% for the month. Then again, we don’t know exactly how many connections are active or multi-SIM. Telecom operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
– Vodafone added 3.64 million new connections in March, taking its total connection base to 134.56 million.
– Bharti Airtel, added 3.20 million in March; its connection base is now 162.20 million.
– Idea Cellular added 2.70 million connections its base is 89.50 million.
– Aircel, BSNL and Uninor added over a million connections.
– Maharashtra, UP(E), M.P, West Bengal, Bihar added over a million connections.
– Among metro circles, Delhi added 856,751 GSM connections, with Mumbai adding 323,562 GSM connections and Kolkata adding 221,948 connections.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)