– The CBI has issued a supplementary chargesheet against eight accused, in connection with the 2G scam in the special CBI Court, it says in a Press Release. We couldn’t find a copy of the chargesheet online, but there are reports citing details from it:
– According to Market Watch, the CBI, in its second chargesheet has put more charges against former Telecom Minister A. Raja. It has charged Raja for receiving bribes, after earlier charging him with forgery and conspiracy.
– The CBI has also charged Kanimozhi, a Rajya Sabha MP and the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister daughter, of conspiring with A. Raja to receive a bribe of Rs 200 crore which was allegedly routed to DMK’s tamil TV channel, Kalaignar TV through two private companies related to DB realty, Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables and Cineyug Films. The CBI has also named Kalaignar TV CEO, Sharad Kumar, Cineyug Films’ Karim Morani and Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables’ Asif Balwa and Rajiv B Agarwal in the chargesheet. Much more in The Times Of India
– Bizarrely, Dayalu Ammal, wife of DMK chief M. Karunanidhi and owner of 60% stake in Kalaignar TV, has not been named in the chargesheet owing to her old age and her not knowing any other language except Tamil. The report cites minutes of a board meeting which mention her just being present to fulfill legal requirements. The CBI has however named her as a witness in the case. More at IBNLive
– AIDMK general secretary and opposition leader Jayalalithaa has demanded the withdrawal of operational licence issued to Kalaignar TV and related TV channels. The Hindu
– The DMK has reacted sharply to the CBI chargesheet and has called it a “publicity exercise of gargantuan proportions”. It also said that Kalaignar TV had already given proof that the Rs 200 crore was a loan, which was repaid. NDTV