– Is It a New Tech Bubble? Let’s See if It Pops – Dealbook
– Tim O’Reilly on Piracy, Tinkering, and the Future of the Book. Via Forbes
– Will the Web have a place in a world full of apps? – Slate
– What Larry Page really needs to do to return Google to its startup roots – Slacy.com
– Did file-sharing cause recording industry collapse? Economists say no – Ars Technica
– The acceptance hurdles for QR codes – NevilleHobson.com
– UTV has appointed Keith Alphonso as the Business Head for UTV Bindass. Alphonso will take over the reins of the channel from Nikhil Gandhi.
– All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has launched a web based application that will provide for the information and data as filled in by the institutions to be available in the Public Domain. Press Release
– As on 31.01.2011, out of 5,93,601 inhabited villages 5,74,673 villages in India have telephone connectivity through Village Public Telephones. Press Release
– Bharti Airtel has no immediate plans to float an IPO of its Tower business. Read more at The Economic Times
– The Telecom Ministry is likely to provide rural wireless broadband connections to over 5 lakh villages in one-and-a-half years and will provide a subsidy to both govt. and private operators from the USOF for this purpose. Read more at The Economic Times
– Cyber Media Research has released a report based on its Mobile Handsets Usage And Satisfaction Study with a sample size of 4,425 respondents across 18 Indian cities. Press Release
– Microsoft has partnered with ICICI Securities to deploy Silverlight on its online trading portal ICICIdirect.com. Press Release. Why Silverlight? Isn’t Microsoft favoring HTML5 over Silverlight?
– MTS has launched its MBlaze High Speed Wireless broadband service in Andhra Pradesh. Press Release