We’ve published two fresh visualizations at MediaNama Charts, which allow you to ascertain how various telecom operators perform in terms of revenues and subscribers across circles. The two visualizations help you pick key operators in each circle, and key circles for each operator:
– The first visualization allows you check performance across circles: which operator is doing well in which circle, both in terms of subscribers and revenue. Try: Indian Telecom Subscriber And Revenue Report – Circle Data
– The second visualization allows you to compare circles for each telecom operator, both in terms of revenues and subscribers. Try Indian Telecom Subscriber And Revenue Report – Operator Data
We’re currently only using data for the last available quarter – October to December 2010, but will update with information on previous quarters.
Some trends we spotted:
– In the Kolkata circle, Reliance Communications has the maximum subscribers, but see how poorly they fare against Vodafone and Airtel, in terms of revenues in this circle. A similar trend is seen for UP-East and UP-West, where there’s a massive gulf between subscribers and revenue per circle for the telco.
– In Karnataka, and the gap between Airtel and other operators both in terms of subscribers and revenues is massive. That’s why Airtel launched 3G first in Karnataka. In Delhi, it’s rather surprising to note that Airtel and Reliance have comparable subscribers (but again, there’s a gap in terms of revenues).
– In Kerala, BSNL has the second highest number of subscribers, but is number three, and significantly smaller than circle-leader Idea cellular in terms of revenue.
– Aircel is still significantly on the Tamil Nadu (and Chennai) circle, both in terms of revenue and subscribers. By the looks of it, the other circles don’t even add up to Tamil Nadu. Also, note in our previous visual that Aircel lords over the Tamil Nadu and Chennai circle.
– Airtel’s most stellar performance has been in Tamil Nadu where, its revenue per subscriber is quite high, when compared to its performance in Karnataka or Andhra Pradesh
– Uninor has met with large acceptance in UP-East where it has scored well in revenue per subscriber
– BSNL’s most efficiently performing market is Andhra Pradesh where it clocked a revenue of approximately Rs. 190 crore with 6.3 million subscribers