– A plan for the third phase of the auction of FM licenses in India may have been approved, according to Dow Jones Newswires’ sources. More here.
– What they did with the money : an overview of what a few people did with funding they’d raised. Worth noting: Netcore founder Rajesh Jain has said that, since 1988, he’s made profits for only three years. The last year, it appears, was profitable for the business. Jain is also planning what appears to be, a political commentary website. More at HT. The article features Jain,
– Qualcomm is facing decline in CDMA Royalty Rates, and has had disagreements with Nokia and Reliance Communications over high royalty rates – More at Forbes
– Research In Motion is planning to launch BlackBerry Partners Fund in India; the fund was established in 2008 in collaboration with Research In Motion, Thomson Reuters, Royal Bank of Canada, among others. More at BusinessLine
– An overview of the issue of parallel import of books at the Hindustan Times. Read here.
– Vodafone doesn’t mind an IPO of Essar’s stake in its Indian Joint Venture. Of course, it’s unlikely that just Essar’s stake will be listed, and Vodafone appears to be using this to highlight their issues with the valuation of Essar’s stake, which would put a value on Vodafone Essar. Hence it’s objection to the potential merger. More at the Times of India. Also, BusinessLine has details on why Vodafone Plc is opposing the merger.
– Indiamart Intermesh may look to raise Rs. 100 crore in PE funding. More at VCCircle.
– Domino’s Pizza informed its customers through e-mails that its website had been hacked and the phone numbers, e-mail ids and delivery addresses of some customers who had registered on the site, have been compromised. Read the E-Mail
– In.com’s database was hacked by Indian hacker Sec Indi, which claims to have found many SQL vulnerabilities in the site. There was a forum posting about the same on Santabanta.com, which appears to have been removed. A screenshot at Hacker News. We took the following screenshot indicating there was such a post:
– The Ministry of Communications & IT will now consider ‘Aadhaar’, the Unique ID issued by UIDAI as Proof of Identity and Proof of address while applying for a new phone/mobile connection. It would also be valid in J&K, Assam and North East circles after the implementation of Aadhaar authentication process in the regions. Read the Notification
– Chris Chandler has joined as the new Vice President, Business Development, at mig33, a mobile-focussed community venture. He was previously working at Microsoft’s Consumer & Online division. Press Release
– ESPNcricinfo has launched a mobile app for the 2011 Cricket World Cup, and introduced video segments focused specifically on the tournament
– Akai has launched a Triple SIM phone. Press Release
– Zomato (previously Foodiebay) has launched a mobile app for the Android platform to extend the site’s functionality to mobiles. It also features a GPS based restaurant search feature. Read more on Zomato’s Official Blog