Info Edge, the online classifieds business which owns Naukri.com, 99Acres, Jeevansathi.com, Shiksha.com, among others, has reported a net profit of Rs. 21.92 crore for the quarter ended December 30th 2011 (Q3-11), up 40.15% when compared with the same period last year, on the back of a 27.52% increase in sales, and a 4.14% decline in its advertising and promotion costs.
Earnings Per Share were up 40.07% to Rs. 4.02 per share, from Rs. 2.87 per share for Q3-10, and up 22.56% quarter on quarter from Rs. 3.28 for Q2-11. Q3 is typically a tough quarter for recruitment businesses. The EBITDA for Q3-11 was at Rs 34.17 crore compared to Rs 25.12 crore during the corresponding quarter last year.
All in all, Info Edge has invested Rs. 35.61 Crore on strategic alliances and acquisitions, up from Rs. 31.61 crore at the end of the last quarter. Vertical specific results:
Recruitment (includes Naukri.com, Naukri Gulf, Job Seeker Services, FirstNaukri, Quadrangle):
– Earnings from the Recruitment solutions business increased by 24%
Other Verticals (99Acres and Jeevansathi)
– Operating EBITDA: Losses of Rs. 2.7 Crore at EBITDA level, down Rs. 3.81 crore YoY
– business grew by 74%, compared to last year’s third quarter numbers.
– Restaurant Directory Foodiebay Raises Up To Rs. 4.7 Crore From Info Edge (Naukri)
– Changes At The Top At Info Edge (Naukri); Net Profit Up 30%
– Q1-11 Call: Expect More External Investments From Info Edge