HT Media, the media house that publishes print dailies Hindustan Times and Mint,has reported a net profit of Rs 47.8 crore, a 33.5% increase from last year’s Rs 35.8 crore. The company generated revenues of Rs 465.1 crore, a growth of 27% compared to Rs 366.1 crore that it earned over the same period last year.
Need To Know: HT Media Q3-11 (inclusive of Hindi business results for HMVL)
– Ad Revenues: Advertising revenues shot up by 27.2% year on year to Rs 369.9 crore from Rs 290.8 crore and 12.3% quarter on quarter.
– Segment contribution to advertising: The English segment grew at 25% contributing Rs 275.4 crore, while hindi segment saw a 35% growth generating ad revenues of Rs 94.5 crore.
– Circulation declines marginally: There was a 2% decline in circulation revenues year on year to Rs 47.1 crore from Rs 48.1 crore, but still 12.6% higher than the circulation revenues of the previous quarter.
– Hindustan Times: the newspaper saw a quarterly growth of 2% (IRS figures) and has a readership of 35.2 lakh. It isnumber 1 in Delhi and at the second spot in Mumbai, where its readership increased by 5% to 5.9 lakh readers.
– Mint: readership in Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru increased to 1.73 lakh. HT Media claims that 81% readers are exclusive and not reached by any other competitor.
– Radio: Fever 104 and other entertainment businesses generated revenues of Rs 18.2 crore in the Q3 FY11, an increase of 80% over last year’s third quarter numbers of Rs 10.1 crore. The EBITDA for the segment was Rs 3.9 crore compared to negative EBITDA of Rs 8 lakh last year.