Apalya Technologies, the on demand mobile TV provider has inked a deal with Multi-Screen Media, to get content from Sony Entertainment Television and SAB TV on its mobile TV platform MiMobi. This is the first time that Sony has entered into such an alliance, and it’s particularly important for Apalya as it no longer has Zee on board for its Mobile TV app. It’s possible that Zee could have pulled out after the launch of Play TV (an avatar of Mundu TV), after it formed a joint venture with Geodesic, alled ITM Digital. We’re not sure if Apalya’s alliance with MSM includes SET Max.
Some of Sony’s popular shows include Kaun Banega Crorepati( Now off air) and Jhalak Dikhlaja. Kripalani also hinted at Sony launching its own branded Mobile TV app in the future, in an interview with Afaqs. It also plans to launch a mobile game based on its popular show CID.
Apalya’s MiMobi platform currently offers content from networks including Times Now, STAR One, Zoom, Fashion TV, India TV, Aaj Tak, NDTV 24X7, Imagine and UTV Bindass, and is distributed via Idea, Vodafone, Airtel, Aircel, BSNL, MTNL, Reliance, Docomo, Tata Indicom and Virgin VFlash
– Will The Battle For Mobile Live Streaming Rights Heat Up Once 3G Services Launch?
– Geodesic & Zee Form JV For Streaming Content On Mobile, Web; Our Take
– TTSL Ties Up With Apalya & VuClip For Asia Cup Mobile Video; VuClip Mobile Streaming
– Apalya Powers MTS TV On EVDO; Corby TV & Metro TV With Samsung
– Apalya Gets IPL 3 Global Mobile Live Streaming Rights For 3 Years; Subscription vs Advertising
– Apalya Launches Mobile TV On Virgin’s VFlash; Tendulkar’s Double Ton