– Mobile community Mig33, which has a fairly significant user base of Indian origin, has launched an android application. So far, the application has been focusing on its Java based small app, that works on low cost handsets; with Android now being adopted by low cost handset manufacturers, Mig33, has decided to join the bandwagon. They’re looking pre-install the app on devices from handset manufacturers in China, Taiwan etc.
– Reliance Netconnect Plus, the EVDO service from RCOM, has launched services in Belgaum and Hubli; the service promises up to 3.1 mbps connectivity speed, though practically, in over two years of using that service, I’ve never seen it cross 2mbs, and even 1mbps is rare. Reliance is targeting 150 towns for broadband plus.
– Fridaymoviez.com has launched official YouTube channels for a few celebrities: Malaika Arora Khan, Arbaaz Khan, Vikram Phadnis, Amrita Arora, Aditi Govitrikar, DJ Megha, Ayub Khan, Manish Goel and Benaf Dadachanji. More power to YouTube, with this, with more stars and channels from India coming online. This does become a mode of monetization for Friday Moviez. What’s particularly interesting is the size of the clips – they are a maximum of 2 minutes in length, which should make them more accessible even on 2G.
– Nexus Venture Partners, an early stage venture capital fund has launched a seed stage program called “Nexus Seed”, targeting very early stage seed companies, with potential investments of Rs. 20 lakhs to 2 crores ($50k-$500k). NVP is targeting up to 50 companies over the next 5 years.
– Bhawna Agarwal has joined Seventymm.com as Chief Operating Officer. Prior to joining SeventyMM, she was VP and head of business at Yatra.com. Remember that SeventyMM CEO Mudit Khosla was with Yatra as well, prior to his leaving the company to join SeventyMM. Source: Alootechie.