Mandar Thakur has joined Times Music, the music business of the Times of India group, as COO, RadioAndMusic.com reports. MediaNama has independently confirmed the development, though Thakur said that it’s too early to talk about his plans at the company. You be sure that there will be a digital component to his role: Thakur has been consulting for almost a year and a half, after Motorola shut down the Soundbuzz music aggregation business in July 2009. He was Country Manager (India) for Soundbuzz, which had been acquired by Motorola in January 2008. Prior to his nine and a half year stint at Soundbuzz, he was a part of the startup team that set up News Corp owned Channel [V].
Our Soundbuzz coverage:
– MotoMusic India To Shut Down On July 15th
– Motorola To Sell Soundbuzz; Exiting MotoMusic In Most Markets
– Motorola To Shut Down Digital Music Business Soundbuzz
– Motorola Launches MOTOMUSIC In India With MOTOROKR E8
– Updated: Motorola To Acquire Asian Digital Music Service Soundbuzz
– Music Labels In India Are Becoming More Dependent On Mobile