MediaNama is India’s most widely read and influential source of news and opinion on Indian Internet, Mobile and Digital Media business, with a reader base of influencers and decision makers.
We’re a self-funded, independent and ethically driven online media company, focused on breaking news stories, providing perspective on Internet and mobile business developments and government policy, and setting the benchmark in the analysis of Internet and Mobile businesses.
We’re looking to hire freelance writers with a journalistic background, and interest in Internet and Mobile businesses.
– Excellent command of the English language
– Basic working knowledge of HTML / WordPress
– Background knowledge of Media, Internet, mobile and/or technology
– Outstanding research skills and an eye for detail.
– Should not be employed part-time or full time with any Internet, Media or Mobile company; we don’t want a conflict of interest.
– Track & report current events and news in Internet and Mobile domain
– Write explanatory and analytical features, source and analyse information
– Conduct detailed interviews with industry executives, asking the difficult questions.
– Research past developments to provide context for current developments
– Analyse information and present in a concise manner
Location: New Delhi, but candidates from other cities with personal access to Broadband connection and PC/laptop may be considered.
Work and Compensation: Preferably, five hours a day, five days a week. However, work and compensation is negotiable – per article or per month; based on past experience.
Contact: Nikhil Pahwa, Editor, MediaNama at firstname.lastname@example.org