It really was too good to last. Revenues from mobile payments for Tanla Solutions continued to decline, following Nokia’s change in policy (making maps free early this year): this quarter Tanla reported a Rs. 2.9 crore decline in revenues from mobile payments, which isn’t as bad as the Rs. 7.9 crore decline reported last quarter. The decline was offset by increase in revenues from mobile consultancy (up Rs. 73 lakh), Aggregation (up Rs. 4.66 cr) and Telecom Products (Rs. 16 lakh).
At Rs. 52.44 crore, aggregation remains Tanla’s primary source of revenue, and it benefited from a Rs. 1 crore revenue growth from India (total Rs. 2.26 crore), and Rs. 3.66 crore from UK and South Africa during the quarter. International revenues for Tanla were Rs. 76.04 crore, up 2.03% sequentially, but down 14.12% year on year. Tanla reported a total income of Rs. 78.31 crore on a consolidated basis (down 12.31% year on year), EBITDA of Rs. 21.49 crore (down 27.7% year on year), and a Profit after tax of Rs. 3.25 crore (down 70% year on year). EBITDA margins for Tanla were 27%, down from 33% for the same quarter last fiscal.
In a business briefing provided by Tanla, the company has mentioned several new client acquisitions, but not disclosed names. If you now, please do tell us in the comments:
Billing & Aggregation
– Global provider of mobile payment solutions headquartered in Sweden
– UK based Talent Agency.
– UK based Charity supporting the personnel of British Armed Forces.
– Mobile marketing solutions provider based out of Bangalore.
– West Indies based mobile content provider with operations in 24 countries.
– Pioneer in transaction enabled mobile services based in Geneva.
– Hong Kong based provider of mobile marketing and payment solutions in more than 50 countries.
– Spanish company with worldwide operations providing solutions for micropayments and SMS
– UK baseds provider of mobile marketing and content monetization.
Mobile Preloads with License Manager, Billing & Payment
– Leading handset manufacturer (Tanla to preload handsets with mobile content and provide License Management and mobile payment services)
– Memory card manufacturer (Tanla to preload memory cards with mobile content and provide License, management and mobile payment services)
– One of Africa’s leading mobile network operators (Deployment of CREAT; Tanla’s mobile messaging and payments solution platform.)
– Leading handset manufacturer (Tanla to offer mobile application development and core platform development services.)
Additionally, Tanla has said that they’ve deployed 3G VAS platform on a trial basis with three leading telecom operators in India.