Update: The conference is in progress. You may watch the webcast live here.
Conference on Digital Media
“The Digital Revolution: Managing Media & Entertainment Business in Digital Era”
30th July 2010: Hotel InterContinental The Lalit, Sahar, Mumbai
The Conference on Digital Media will focus on the transformation underway in the M&E Industry and discuss the multitude of factors fueling the digital revolution in this industry. The forum will bring together leaders, experts, opinion makers and influencers from the world of media and entertainment to discuss the Digital revolution sweeping the country and analyze the next-wave world of digital technologies that will deliver all forms of content in the future.
Mr Raghu Menon, Secretary, I&B and Dr J S Sarma, Chairman, TRAI will address the Inaugural Session at the Conference.
The other confirmed speakers include Mr Amit Khanna, Chairman, Reliance BIG Entertainment; Mr Ajit Balakrishnan, Chairman of the Board & MD, Rediff.com; Mr Mahesh Bhatt, Eminent Film Maker; Mr Hemant Sachdev, Managing Director, Microsoft Corporation (I) Pvt Ltd., Mr Rajat Sharma, Chairman, Independent News Service Pvt. Ltd., Mr Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios; Mr Sam Balsara, Chairman & MD, Madison World; Mr Neeraj Roy, MD & CEO, Hungama Digital Media Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.; Mr Ajai Puri, Director & CEO, Airtel Digital TV; Mr Rohit Sharma, COO, Zapak Digital Entertainment; Mr John Burbank, Global CEO, Nielsen Online, The Nielsen Company, Mr Vikram Kaushik, CEO, Tata Sky; Mr Harish Dayani, Chief Executive, Moserbaer; Mr Timmy Kandhari, Head – Entertainment & Media, PwC
The Sessions will have the following themes:
- Monetizing Digital Opportunities: This panel will discuss the potential of IT solutions for broadcasters and movie studios in highly competitive broadcasting space.
- Changing Media Experience: This will be an extension to the previous session with focus on specific case studies- get the first hand insights from the industry on how the use of Digital technology has affected routine processes and businesses at large
- Disruptive Business Models: Pay Vs Free: Discussion on Online advertising, digital advertising, iTunes and other such new forms of creative marketing which are redefining the traditional revenue models. What is the future of advertising through such disruptive models?
- User Generated Media Economy: This Session will discuss social media and user generated media as a phenomenon, as a business, as a communications and entertainment platform and challenges faced.
- News in the Digital Age: The panel will discuss t