October saw an addition of 10.32 million connections, highest in the last three months (9.03 million in September; 9.75 million in August and 9.47 million in July) taking the total to 355.25 millions GSM connections in India.
- Bharti Airtel added 2.02 million connections taking its total to 113.22 million users.
- Vodafone Essar added a significantly higher number of connections – 2.98 million compared to 1.9 million in Sep and 2.1 in August.
- BSNL additions fell to 0.60 million connections.
- Idea Cellular added 1.9 million compared to 1.39 million in September. Its total customer base is 51.4 million.
- Aircel has a 7.84% growth in total number of users, i.e an addition of 2.02 million connections as compared to 1.3 million additions last month taking the total to 27.75 million.
- Loop Mobile added 50,064 connections, slightly lower than September additions.
- MTNL added 65,730 new connections, reflecting a slight growth of 1.5%.
- All Metros showed a growth of 2.17%, i.e an addition of 1.01 millions connections.
- A Circle grew 2.72 % to 122.18 million users with Tamil Nadu adding 0.67 million new users.
- B Circle showed a growth of 3.31 %, with Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan registering a growth of 4.24 %and 4.14 % respectively.
- In the C Circle the number of new connections grew by 1.76 million, with Orissa and Assam adding 0.36 million and 0.17 million users respectively.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (XL)
Note: We no longer include market share information by COAI as the body does not include the latest GSM numbers from operator RCOM and Tata Teleservices.
—Sep09: India Adds 9.03M GSM Connections
—August 2009: India Adds 15.08M Wireless, 0.18M Broadband Connections
—August 2009 Data: India Adds 9.75 M GSM Connections
—IDC India: Q2 2009 PC Sales Up 5.2%; Netbooks Double